Resolve to Up Your Style
Welcome to the New Year! It’s almost impossible to believe yet another year has flown by. As with most new years, many of us are thinking about ways to improve ourselves and our lives. One area that we LOVE to discuss is wardrobe, fashion, and personal style. If you're looking to make some fashion resolutions for the coming year, here are a few easy ideas to get you started:
- Build a capsule wardrobe: A capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential pieces that can be mixed and matched to create a variety of outfits. This can help save money, reduce clutter, and make getting dressed in the morning easier. To create a capsule wardrobe, start by identifying the pieces you wear most often and love the most. These could be basics like an awesome-fitting pair of jeans or a classic white T-shirt or more statement pieces like a little black dress or a blazer. From there, add a few accessories and outerwear items to round out the collection.
- Experiment with new styles: If you tend to stick to the same types of clothing, consider branching out and trying something new. If you’re a person who tends to wear tried and true basics, this could be as simple as adding a pop of color to your outfit (hello, bright sweater) or trying a new silhouette, like high-rise or wide-legged denim. You might also consider incorporating different types of clothing into your wardrobe, such as a versatile jumpsuit or an on-trend midi skirt.
- Invest in quality pieces: While it can be tempting to buy cheap, fast fashion items, it's often more cost-effective in the long run to invest in higher-quality pieces that will last. Look for pieces made from durable, natural materials like cashmere, wool, linen, and cotton, and pay attention to construction details like sturdy seams and well-placed buttons.
- Learn how to care for your clothes: Proper care can help extend the life of your clothing tremendously. This might involve washing on a gentle cycle, using a fabric-safe detergent, line drying, and ironing or steaming garments to remove wrinkles. With some extra effort, only the most delicate items will need professional cleaning.
- Consider donating clothes you no longer wear. We’re not fans of holding on to clothes in hopes that they’ll someday fit or that you’ll, by some chance, start wearing them. Not only will this free up valuable space in your closet, but it can also help someone in need.
- Accessorize: Accessories can be a way to add visual interest to an outfit while also expressing your personal style. Adding a statement necklace, a colorful scarf, a fun hat, a beautifully textured bag, or even a pair of patterned socks to your outfit to spice things up.
- Invest in great shoes. Your shoe choice can take your outfit to the next level, style-wise. Think of your favorite jeans and top worn with sneakers, sandals, booties, knee high boots, you name it. Shoes can go a long way in, not only completing, but making your outfit.
- Learn to mix and match: Once you have a collection of pieces you love, try mixing and matching them to creatively inspire new outfits. Think about wearing a graphic tee under a blazer instead of a more dressy blouse or wear some high-top sneakers as an alternative to a stiffer, more formal shoe with both skirts and dresses for a comfortable, on-trend look. Experimenting like this can be a fun way to get more use out of your clothes and help you feel more confident in your style.
Lastly, and most importantly, dress every day for yourself. Stay true to you. Ultimately, the most important thing is to wear clothes that make YOU feel confident, comfortable, and stylish. Don't worry about chasing every single style trend or trying to fit into a certain mold. Make a few simple style resolutions that help you be the best you and walk into 2023 in style!
Ronnie and Evan