Holiday Fashion Guide 2023: Chic, Stylish Outfits for Every Occasion
We know it seems almost impossible, but the holiday season is just around the corner, and it's time to start planning your festive looks. Whether you're attending a family gathering, a cozy dinner party, or a glamorous New Year's Eve bash, we have you covered with the latest trends for holiday outfits in 2023. Get ready to celebrate the season with our fashion tips and outfit ideas.
Holiday Parties and Gatherings
- The Classic Little Black Dress (LBD) is a timeless piece that will never go out of style. This season opt for one with a modern twist like a unique neckline, statement sleeves, or a longer hem than the classic mini. Pair with metallic heels or booties and statement earrings for an added touch of glamour.
- Velvet blazers, pants, or tops are often a favorite around the holidays and definitely have made a strong showing this year, especially in classic black, but for a current statement maker, opt for rich jewel toned velvet like burgundy, deep navy, or emerald green. Velvet accessories like clutches or shoes can also add a luxurious touch to any outfit, even a crisp white blouse and pair of jeans.
- Be sensational in sequins! We can't resist adding some sparkle and shine around the holidays, be it a great dress, top, or pants. When wearing sequins, be sure to keep the rest of your look understated with neutral accessories to let your sequins take center stage. And don't shy away from mixing your sequins with other textures, like faux fur or chunky knits for some added interest and drama.
- The holiday season is prime sweater weather. Embrace the cooler temperatures by wearing warm, comfortable knits. Whether oversized, classic cut, or slightly shrunken, sweaters are great paired with jeans of all types, midi skirts, or even over a slip dress. Add ankle boots or a statement belt to a classic cardigan to both elevate and update your outfit.
- Be faux fur fabulous! Opt for a faux fur lined coat or vest, or a faux shearling moto-inspired jacket. Even a knit cap with faux fur pom pom adds a little bit of casual luxury to an outfit.
New Year's Eve Glam
- Go with metallics to marvel. Ring in the New Year with metallic dresses, jeans, or jumpsuits. Silver is truly all the rage this season and gold is classic, but don't be afraid to experiment with metallic shades like rose gold or bronze. When wearing metallics, all that is needed are high heels and a clutch bag to complete the look for a night of celebration.
- Always finish an outfit, especially if you're going for a glam New Year's look, with some statement accessories. Oversized earrings, a shiny gold necklace, or a bold clutch can turn a simple dress into a showstopper. Choose accessories that either match or complement the color palette of your outfit for a refined, cohesive look.
- And please remember, confidence is key. Regardless of your outfit choice, feeling fabulous will always be your best accessory. Choose pieces that make you feel comfortable, confident, and ready to celebrate. Your star will shine brightly at any New Year's Eve party.
This holiday season as always, we encourage you to embrace the latest fashion trends while staying true to your personal style. Whether you're attending a casual get-together or a glamorous soirée, there's a holiday outfit that's perfect for you. Remember, we try and teach you to have fun with fashion, but we do remember, as you should too, it's most important to enjoy the festivities with your friends and family. Cheers to a stylish and memorable holiday season in 2023!
As always, we're here to help you find the perfect holiday outfit. Visit our boutique in downtown Mill Valley and we'll be happy to help you create a look that's contemporary, chic, and comfortable. May your style shine as bright as your spirit!
Evan and Ronnie