Easy Ways to Make the Style Transition from Summer to Fall
With summer vacations winding down, kids heading off to college, and the best weather of the year just ahead here in the Bay Area, sometimes it's hard to know whether it's time to pack up your summer favorites in favor of traditional fall pieces or keep wearing your most loved summer styles. We are always in favor of getting maximum mileage out of your clothes AND wearing what you love. So we have a few little tips to help you ease into fall without prematurely retiring your faves of summer.
1. Add some leather. A summery white dress can be worn well into fall if you just fine tune your accessories. Swap your summery rafia wedges or strappy sandals for some black loafers. And add some ankle socks for a retro look that is currently on trend. A pair of red clogs add a splash of one of the hottest colors for fall. Or add some texture with a colorful suede bag.
2. A denim skirt is one of our all-time favorite style pieces. And this off-white one by FRAME is a great alternative to traditional blue denim. While tights weather is months away for us, you can easily again add loafers, cowboy boots and a long sleeved tee or, for the occasional foggy morning, add a chunky cardigan to keep the chill off.
3. Toss the Summer Accessories. A floral dress has to be one of the easiest pieces to transition from season to season. Take all of your summery florals into fall by switching sandals and a straw hat with booties and a great leather jacket or blazer. You’ll feel instantly inspired for the new season, while still being able to get plenty of wear out of your summer favorites.
4. Add a statement piece to an otherwise summer outfit. Sometimes you just can't wait to wear a new fall purchase. A gorgeous sweater in a fall tone pairs perfectly with your favorite denim cutoffs and white tee. Wear the sweater in the morning, wrap it around your waist during the warmth of the day, and add it again in the evening while you're dining al fresco.
5. Colored denim for fall. An easy way to transition to fall is to add a pair of colored denim jeans. They are hot, hot, hot for fall, but can easily be worn with your favorite summer tanks, halters, and tees.
So there you have it, friends. We have so much great weather yet to come in Marin. Don't pack up your summer favorites. Just add a touch of fall with color, texture, and style.
Ronnie and Evan